Lisa Renee Wilcox Curriculum Vitae
Texas & Florida Licensed Attorney and Texas Remote Notary Public
Experienced Corporate Counsel with strong entrepreneurial skills. Meticulous with detail and deeply knowledgeable with contracts, negotiation and intellectual property. Proficient in client management, cost control, case management software, contract negotiation, legal sales, remote operation, C-suite presentations, settlements, arbitration, co-counsel coordination. Excellent record of successful summary judgments.
- Settlement Negotiation
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Establishing Effective Relationships
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Eight Years In-House Legal Experience
- Legal Document Preparation
- Client Representation and Advisement
- Discovery and Document Review
- Contract Review and Negotiation
- Litigation Experience
- Summary Judgment
- Dispositive Motions
- Intellectual Property Law
- Corporate Law
- Legal Strategy Development
- Probate Law
- Estate Planning
In-House Counsel – 09/2020 to Current – Dallas, TX
- Filed company trademarks with the USPTO, registered the LLC and prepared the operating agreement.
- Counseled staff on complex legal issues and provided guidance toward resolution.
- Conducted research and analysis of specific legal questions and advised business on various legal areas.
- Kept current on legislative issues, statutes and decisions that affected company interests.
- Collaborated and led general counsel initiatives to support 3 Andrews’ business issues and strategic objectives.
Owner and Lead Attorney – 05/2008 to 06/2021 – St. Petersburg, FL
- Sourced new clients who needed foreclosure defense for their homes.
- Filed trademarks and copyrights with the USPTO. Argued trademark cases in Federal Court.
- Handled breach of contract litigation. Drafted a variety of different contracts for businesses.
- Established new Florida corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Met with Clients and Prepared estate plans that included Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney and Medical Surrogates.
- Prepared cease and desist letters. Prepared for and attended mediation with the clients.
- Hired as co-counsel by Florida licensed attorneys Kira Doyle, Esquire and William John Gadd, Esquire to various business disputes that were likely to result in litigation.
- Hired as co-counsel by Florida licensed attorney William John Gadd, Esquire to appear as co-counsel for business disputes that resulted in litigation. Managed and operated the day to day operations of the law practice.
Law Office Of Robert Eckard & Associates, PA
Associate Attorney – 08/2004 to 05/2008 – Palm Harbor, FL
- Developed strategies to resolve cases in client’s best interest.
- Provided legal advice to variety of small and mid-sized businesses involved in multiple types of litigation.
- Administered audits to verify data involving assets, income and liabilities.
- Filed timely case pleadings to meet firm deadlines.
- Conducted legal research and sought subject matter experts to develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Assessed cases for probable outcomes by researching black letter law and other legal authority, comparing fact patterns to those of precedential cases.
- Drafted contracts and letters on clients’ behalf by balancing objectives and legal requirements and prohibitions.
- Tracked and researched developing precedent and legislation in contract law to advise and advocate for clients.
- Attended hearings as representative of corporate entities and firm clients.
Bar Manager – 07/1996 to 08/2004 – Tampa FL
- Managed day-to-day business operations of a Full Liquor 4-COP Nightclub.
- Applied performance data to evaluate and improve operations, target current business conditions and forecast needs.
- Maintained up-to-date administrative records to monitor operational conditions.
- Optimized team hiring, training and performance.
- Developed sales presentations and promotion initiatives to key accounts to drive product sales and increase brand awareness.
- Used knowledge of market trends to create value-added solutions resulting in significant revenue increase.
- Devised processes to boost long-term business success and increase profit levels.
Stetson University College of Law – Master of Laws (LL.M.)
- Master of Law (LL.M.) in International and Business Law – 2003 – Saint Petersburg, Florida
Tulane Law School – Certificate of Intelectual Property Law
- International Intellectual Property – 2003 – Saint Petersburg, Florida
Stetson University College of Law – Juris Doctorate (J.D.)
- Business and Property Law – 2002 – Saint Petersburg, Florida
University of South Florida – Baccalaureus Artium (B.A)
- Bachelors of Arts, History – 1995 – Tampa, Florida
Notary Public – State of Texas
- Commission ID# 133742020 – Expires 05/04/2026
Texas State Bar Association
- Bar Card # 24129263 – Member Profile
Florida State Bar Association
- Bar Card # 697291 – Member Profile
If my experience can benefit you, please reach out to me.